Sunday, March 24, 2013

Delicate Details

My card today is based on the weekly Deconstructed Sketch #94:




I love the space in the cross piece, I think it's a clever way to add more interest to the card.  I followed the sketch pretty closely, rounding the corners and typing a bow at the intersection.


The sweet little flower and the wonderful wrinkled ribbon are both from Sharon Johnsons' Stamp Simply Ribbon Store (here's the link to her blog, you can access the ribbon store with a link at the top of her blog page http://notimetostamp.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/).  If you love ribbon and flowers, you need to check out her store!  I don't remember the ribbon manufacturer, but the flower is from Maya Road.  Since it is an antique white color, I sponged some Blushing Bride ink on the edges to have it better match the paper.

The designer paper I used is "A Ladies Diary" from Graphic 45.  The vintage floral images and colors are exquisite.  I started with a base of Crumb Cake, then attached the dp to a slightly larger piece of Very Vanilla.


I was trying to decide what color to use for the polka dot sentiment frame.  Really Rust (retired SU) matches up well with this paper but got lost when placed up against the damask design on the cross piece, as the colors are too similar.  I had to get more venturesome, so I wandered out of my comfort zone a bit and decided to try Garden Green.  I was pleasantly surprised that it matches perfectly the green stems in the printed paper and rather brightens up the card.

  
I punched out the Really Rust sentiment portion with a Large Oval punch and popped it up on Dimensionals.  It looks a little crooked in the picture, but that has more to do with my photography skills ( or lack of LOL!) than anything.  IRL it looks straight.

I just hand cut the cute little flags.  All the edges were distressed and sponged with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress ink.

Thanks for coming by today, I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!  It would be great if you would leave a comment and say "Hi!"

I'll be back with another post either tonight or tomorrow.  Hope the upcoming week treats you great!!

Hugs,

Stef

All products by Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted:
Stamps:  Layered Labels
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, A Ladies Diary (G45)
Ink:  Garden Green, Really Rust, Blushing Bride, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories:  May Road Vintage Trinkets (flower), Wrinkled Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Apothecary Accents Framelit, Large Oval punch. 




No comments: