Sunday, October 11, 2026

Breezy Day for PP807

Hello friends!  Another Sunday has rolled around and it's time for a new challenge with the Paper Players.  This week the fabulous Jan is hosting our monthly color challenge and has chosen a lovely trio of colors.

This color combo made me think of the outdoors, although I think it would also look wonderful in a plaid design too.  However, I decided to use a new die set to make kind of a fun, whimsical outdoors card. I was thinking birthday, but really the sentiment could be for other occasions as well. And because it's a new set, I'm sharing over at Darnell's NBUS blog.

And here's my card...



I went super simple for this card.  While I don't have the SU inks, I used colors I thought were as close as possible - Altenew Blue Horizon and Simon Says Stamp Limelicious and Pearfection (for shading).  I started by stenciling a sky using a cloud stencil and trimming the panel down to just slightly smaller than my card base.

The kites were die cut from white and Spellbinders Fawn cardstock.  I used the green inks to color the kites, attached them to the Fawn base and added the cross bars, also out of Fawn.  Originally, I'd added white bows on the tails, but they got lost against the sky.  So, I opted to die cut them from matte gold cardstock, which also matched up nicely with the foiled sentiment.  The kites were added to the card front with foam tape and the sentiment was die cut twice more and adhered together for a bit of added dimension.  Super easy, peasy and probably one of the more CAS cards I've made in a while.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I encourage you to head over to the challenge blog and see all the amazing creations by my talented teammates.  The challenge will remain open until Friday October 16th at 3pm EDT.  I hope to see your card in the gallery!

Stef

  • Altenew Breezy Day die set
  • Pinkfresh Studio Wonderful Sentiments Foil Plate & Die
  • MFT Mini Cloud stencil

No comments: