Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I {Heart} Splitcoaststampers!


I had the most amazing day on Sunday (aside from it being Easter).  I opened my email about 10:00 am to see a private message from Splitcoaststampers.  What I found was absolutely flabbergasting!  I had been chosen as the Featured Stamper of the Week! To me this is one of the biggest honors I could ever imagine. SCS is jam-packed with some of the most talented paper crafters around and the fact that I was picked to be featured simply amazed and humbled me.

I joined SCS nearly 7 years ago so I could have a gallery to which I could post my cards, plus there were and continue to be a tremendous amount of resources including weekly tutorials for all types of techniques, daily challenges including color and sketches, techniques and inspiration, and chat rooms for every type of paper crafter.  Most Stampin' Up demonstrators are familiar with SCS as there is a large amount of resources for demos too.

When the Featured Stamper is chosen, those that chose to participate visit the gallery of the FS, pick a card from the gallery to CASE, then post it to a general FS gallery.  The comments I received from those that participated this week have truly filled my heart at how kind and supportive this community is.


I wanted to show my gratitude to the SCS community for this honor, so I decided to CASE a couple of my own cards and join in.


Partly because tulips mean Spring and Easter to me, and since it was Easter Sunday, I chose the lovely tulip image from Love is Kindness stamp.  It was colored with Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive Blendability markers.  The sentiment from So Very Grateful was stamped in Memento Black, trimmed down and popped up on Dimensionals.

After I completed the first card I remembered the wonderful sentiment from World of Dreams and decided to make a second card and dedicate it to the supportive SCS community.




Thanks for taking time to visit today, I so appreciate it!  If you are not familiar with Splitcoaststampers, be sure to use this link (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/) to see what a great place it is!

Hugs,

Stef


Card #1:
Stamps:  Love is Kindness, So Very Grateful
Paper:  Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum, Cottage Wall designer series paper
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive Blendability markers, Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Fancy Fan TIEF, Basic Rhinestones.

Card #2
Stamps:  World of Dreams, Distress Dots
Paper:  Whisper White, Soft Sky, Blackberry Bliss
Ink:  Soft Sky, Blackberry Bliss
Other:  Sahara Sand Lace Trim, Antique Brad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Stef, you deserve it! I love your cards and have pinned them on Pinterest. Just beautiful!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stef, you are so sweet! And congratulations again. It really is a wonderful place, and it's people like you who really make it extra special!! Enjoy your week, and I've so enjoyed visiting your gallery! Hugs!