Thursday, December 12, 2013

Festive Flags for Freshly Made Sketches



Hello again!  I'm back with a card that was made for this week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches. It's a great layout with flags popping out beneath the main image.


I know I said no more Christmas cards, but I had the sole survivor of my first attempt at using glitter with heat and stick powder laying about on my "to make" pile and decided I really needed to put it to use and today would be the day, as it would work perfectly with this sketch.  I trimmed the card stock, stamped Merry Christmas in Silver Encore ink and attached a couple of pieces of glimmer paper on each end, because it wasn't sparkly enough already (ha ha).






































The flags were cut from the Winter Frost Specialty designer paper and laid down on the Island Indigo base.  I cut them prior to deciding to add the glimmer paper to the main image, so not as much shows as I had originally intended, but the glimmer paper was a must to put the right finishing touch on the main piece.


Since my personal glitter fiasco, my upline kindly advised that I was probably heating the heat and stick powder too long and that's why I wasn't getting the coverage on the other pieces I tried.  So, I will give it another shot, because it is really pretty when it works!

Well, that's it for today.  I sure appreciate your visit and would love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave a comment.  I would be especially grateful for any hints about making my next glitter adventure more successful LOL!!

Hugs,

Stef


Product detail:
Stamps:  Festive Flurry, Greetings of the Season
Paper:  Pool Party, Island Indigo, Silver Glimmer paper, Winter Frost Specialty designer paper
Ink:  Versamark, Encore Silver
Accessories:  Heat and Stick powder

3 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

I love this, Stef! That's so funny about the Heat 'n Stick Powder. I did the same thing. There's a fine line with the amount of heat you can apply to that stuff! I love the Glimmer you have in that snowflake.

Jen Mitchell said...

There's no such thing as too much sparkle! Especially on a Christmas card with snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous! Love, love, love sparkle - you can never have too much Stef! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Make Sketches this week!