Friday, October 30, 2015

Season of Cheer

Hello once again!  More Christmas cards to share with you, this time using the sketch from last Sunday's challenge at The Paper Players.  I missed the deadline to submit to the challenge (so bummed when real life gets in the way of my crafting time!), but you can still use the link below to visit and enjoy all the lovely inspiration.


I made two versions using two different stamp sets.  Both started out with Kraft bases and Under the Table designer series paper but diverge from there.  For the first card, the cute snowman from Best of Snow was stamped on Whisper White with Archival Basic Black, then colored using a Blender Pen and several reinkers.  It was cut out with a 1 3/4" Circle punch, which fits beautifully inside the Soft Sky circle cut with a Starburst framelit.  A Circle Collections framelit cut out the final circle in Real Red.  Rather than a heart, I used a Snowflake Element topped with a Gold Basic Metal button tied with Gold Cording.


When this designer paper came out last year, I never used this particular pattern.  While I love the snowflakes, the brown was not my favorite for a Christmas card.  However, I was determined to find a way to use it and thought adding the colors Real Red, Soft Sky, Garden Green and gold would help brighten it up.  This is the first time I tried scrambling the gold thread behind an image - after the card was finished, I thought it could have used a bit more.  The sentiment is from Endless Wishes, with the word "cheer" heat embossed with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder.


For the second card, I decided to use a nature focus with the Happy Scenes stamp set and more muted colors of Mossy Meadow and Soft Sky.  The embellishments are the same but in silver.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set, and this time layered on top of the circle.  The final touch was to add Dazzling Details for some additional sparkle.

That's it for today!  As always, your visit and comments mean so much!  Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Stef

No comments: