Monday, July 1, 2013

A Birthday on the Subway

My card tonight is for my oldest grandson's 19th birthday.  I used last Wednesday's weekly sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers as inspiration.

 
It's really quite a simple card but the designer paper has so much depth and with such interesting shapes, it really looks quite busy.  The band across the lower portion is Basic Gray card stock embossed with the retired Houndstooth embossing folder, sponged with Basic Gray ink and then Jumbo Eyelets were set on each end.



I stamped the Chalk Talk sentiment in Basic Gray on Very Vanilla, cut it out with my paper snips, then adhered it to a piece of Summer Starfruit that was cut out with the matching Chalk Talk framelit.  Lots of distressing and sponging with Basic Gray around all the edges.


Here's the sketch and the link to SCS:





So glad you came by to take a look.  Please leave me a comment if you have the time, I'd love to hear from you!


Hugs,

Stef


All products are from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Chalk Talk
Paper:  Basic Gray, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla, Soho Subway designer paper
Ink:  Basic Gray
Accessories:  Houndstooth embossing folder, Pewter Jumbo Eyelets, Chalk Talk framelit


1 comment:

Linda said...

I love this card!